Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThe early days of today's Royal Air Force The exploits of those 'daring young in their flying machines' who fought a daredevil war in the air in machines made of little more than wood, canvas and wire continue to enthral students of air warfare-both academic and casual. Whist these remarkable aviators appear within these pages, they are t this book's principal theme. The author was engaged in the momentous task of actually creating an air force-the original Royal Flying Corps-and keeping it in the air as a vital contribution to the war effort against Imperial Germany. This fascinating book details the earliest days of an arm of British forces which today we accept as a rm. Constant problems with maintenance, parts, new machines and greater refinements in the development of new and improved aircraft undertaken against the demands of operational necessity are the central story of this account told by one who was personally involved. Available in soft cover and hard cover with dust jacket.
- Author(s)Maurice Baring
- PublisherLeonaur Ltd
- Date of Publication11/04/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeonaur Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.