All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionRetired bank manager George Pearmain is, apparently, dead. According to the behaviour of everyone around him, it would seem that he is more. Not only that, but his mother has also passed away too - and on the eve of her 99th year, poor dear. Not only that, it could be that they were both murdered. He feels fine otherwise. As George's family gather for the birthday-celebration-that-never-was, he hovers around the house, watching and listening, entirely unseen. As a result, he makes all sorts of discoveries about himself, his wife Esmeralda and his supposedly happy family ...Screamingly funny and strange, it asks the question: What if you could bear witness to your own demise?
- Author BiographyNigel Williams is the author of sixteen previous novels - including the best-selling Wimbledon Trilogy. His stage plays include Class Enemy, still being performed all over the world, and a recently revived dramatization of William Goldberg's Lord of the Flies. He also wrote the Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning Elizabeth I, starring Dame Helen Mirren, while his BBC Radio 4 comedy, 'HR', with Jonathan Pryce and Nicolas le Prevost, has now run to four series. He has lived in the London borough of Putney for thirty years.
- Author(s)Nigel Williams
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight580 g
- Width157 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.