All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Special Operations Executive developed a vast network of agents across Occupied Europe which played a vital role in developing and sustaining Resistance movements that persistently sought to subvert German control of their territories. The culmination of their efforts was seen when the Allied armies landed at Normandy in June 1944, with the SOE and the Resistance causing widespread destruction and disruption behind the German lines. None of this would have been possible had it t been for the Royal Air Force. Not only the RAF supply the SOE, and the movements it led and co-ordinated, with the thousands of tons of arms and equipment needed to undertake this role, it also delivered and retrieved agents from under the very ses of the enemy. Compiled at the end of the war by the Air Historical Branch of the RAF, this is an extremely detailed and comprehensive account of the RAF's support for the SOE, and in it we learn of the ermous and complex arrangements undertaken by the Special Duties squadrons as well as showing how the material delivered by these aircraft was used in the field.This account is reproduced here in its entirety, along with a detailed appendix containing the official historical record of Bomber Command aircrews and aircraft engaged in clandestine operations. Taken together, this book represents the most comprehensive account of the RAF's support for SOE ever published.
- Author BiographyJohn Grehan has written or edited more than 300 books and magazine articles covering a wide span of military history from the Iron Age to the recent war in Afghanistan. His previous publications include, 'Unearthing Churchill's Secret Army, The Official List of SOE Casualties and Their Stories', co-authored with Martin Mace. John has also appeared on local and national radio and television to advise on military history topics. He was employed as the Assistant Editor of Britain at War Magazine from its inception until 2014. John now devotes his time to writing and editing books.
- Author(s)John Grehan
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrontline Books
- Content Note16 illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.