All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionAmong the many GPCRs discovered, the calcitonin family of receptors comprise of members that regulate a number of physiological processes and are involved in many pathological conditions. Therefore, understanding how these receptors function is a critical question in the field. When Foord and his colleagues discovered that a single transmembrane protein called Receptor Activity Modifying Proteins (RAMPs) could modulate the surface expression of GPCRs of the calcitonin family, it widely opened the field of receptor life cycle. Hundreds of studies have confirmed the importance of RAMPs in the life cycle of this receptor family. Receptor biology is a rapidly expanding field and with the advances in cell and molecular biology and in vivo techniques, it is very likely that the field of RAMPs will explode further and many unanswered questions will be answered with in the next few years.
- Author BiographyWilliam S. Spielman is a Professor of Physiology and former Chairperson of the Department of Physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA. His research interests include receptor biology and signal transduction and renal physiology. He is a member of many national and international scientific societies including the American Physiological Society. Spielman earned the BS degree in Biology from Westminister College and the PhD degree in Physiology from the University of Missouri. Narayanan Parameswaran is an Associate Professor in the Department of Physiology and Division of Pathology at Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA. His main research interests include receptor biology, cell signaling, inflammation and inflammatory diseases. He is a member of the American Association of Immunology, Society of Leukocyte Biology and the Shock Society. Parameswaran received the Veterinary Medicine degree from Madras Veterinary College (India), the Master's degree in Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology from the Ohio State University and the Doctor of Philosophy degree in Physiology from the Michigan State University.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/02/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number744
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight408 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byNarayanan Parameswaran,William S. Spielman
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.