Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionRIBA Book of British Housing Design looks at the design solutions developed during the 20th and the 21st centuries, and illustrates over 200 of the most successful projects. It provides an overview of the evolution of housing development, and includes present day schemes and estate regeneration as well as special sections on housing in Scotland and Northern Ireland. The photographs and plans of historic and contemporary projects can be used to show design approaches to clients, committees and, in the case of regeneration, with local communities. Looking back into history will indicate which design approaches have been successful. This fully updated 2nd edition includes a new chapter on the development of design concepts and projects built since 1999. It illustrates current trends that have been developing since the turn of the new century, and emphasises the concept of creating sustainable communities. The use of colour photographs adds a new dimension to the first edition in making it possible to appreciate more readily the materials used in the design of the housing and its environment.
- Author BiographyHis career has spanned both practice and university teaching, mainly in the areas of housing design and urban regeneration. He has held the posts of Principal Housing Architect with the City of Sheffield, Hull City Architect, Professor of Architecture at the University of Lincolnshire and Humberside (now Lincoln), and Visiting Professor at Queen's University, Belfast and Chiba University, Japan. He is currently engaged in community planning where he is putting into practice some of the theories included in this book. He is the author of 4 previous books on housing design and urban regeneration.
- Author(s)Ian Colquhoun
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/01/2008
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArchitectural Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1116 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.