Race, Ethnicity, Gender, and Class: The Sociology of Group Conflict and Change, 2010/2011 Update by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $128.81+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated edition replaces ISBN 9781412977586 and comes with an introductory chapter on the Obama election, plus three substantial topical articles from CQ Researcher , and still only $77.95! Joseph F. Healey's Race, Ethnicity, Gender, and Class: Updated Edition builds upon the bestselling status of the four prior editions, praised for the author's writing style and the various effective pedagogical features that ensure students engage with core concepts in a meaningful way. With many updates and revisions, this edition once again uses sociological theory to tell the story of race and other socially constructed inequalities in the United States with consistency and clarity. Chapter-ending current debates based on the writings of prominent scholars spark classroom discussion on important issues, and first-person accounts, 'Narrative Portraits', are threaded throughout the text to bring life to a variety of topics. This edition includes an introductory chapter discussing the impact of the Obama election plus three topical articles from CQ Researcher on The Obama Presidency, Women's Rights, and American Indians. It is accompanied by High Quality Ancillaries! It provides password protected Instructor Teaching Site that includes updated chapter overviews, classroom activities, and suggestions for discussion; new and updated test questions including multiple choice questions, true/false questions, and essay questions; PowerPoint slides consisting of lecture outlines, exhibits, and examples; and, exhibits. There is an open access Student study site that includes Chapter self-quiz questions, e-flashcards, revised internet research projects for each chapter, NPR's 'This American Life' audio files and discussion questions for each chapter, PBS 'Frontline' video links and discussion questions, and Learning from SAGE Journal Articles , plus a 4th article from CQ Researcher .
- Author BiographyJoseph F. Healey is Professor of Sociology at Christopher Newport University in Virginia. He received his PhD in sociology and anthropology from the University of Virginia. An experienced, innovative teacher of numerous race and ethnicity courses, he has written articles on minority groups, the sociology of sport, social movements, and violence, and he is also the author of Statistics: A Tool for Social Research (8th ed., 2008).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/08/2010
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPine Forge
- Out-of-print date03/06/2013
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), col. maps
- Weight1270 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJoseph F. Healey
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.