All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe <i>Race and Education Primer</i> introduces its topic as perspective, policy and pedagogy. It provides a thematic introduction to the guiding beliefs and major practices in the field, with a special emphasis on critical, recurring themes. These include race and intelligence, the education gap, teacher education and cultural competence. Approaching race and education in global context, the primer covers topics of interest to both vice and advanced students. A glossary and suggested readings and resources add to the volume's value for students new to the field.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Aaron David Gresson III is Professor of Education and Human Development at The Pennsylvania State University. He writes on African American diaspora studies, psychology and communications, cultural studies and pedagogy, and is the author of several books including the award-winning The Recovery of Race in America and America's Atonement: Racial Pain, Recovery Rhetoric, and the Pedagogy of Healing.
- Author(s)Aaron David Gresson
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitlePeter Lang Primer
- Series Part/Volume Number26
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.