All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionRace and News: Critical Perspectives offers essays and case studies that examine how issues related to race and racism are represented in contemporary news coverage in the United States. The first section of this text examines the journalistic routine - how news organizations from newspapers to network news to new media make decisions about what, how, and why stories related are covered with (or without) relation to race. The second section is comprised of case studies exploring how coverage of national stories such as the election of Barack Obama, Hurricane Katrina, and immigrants rights has affected the national dialogue on race and racism.
- Author BiographyChristopher P. Campbell is Professor and Director of the School of Mass Communication and Journalism at the University of Southern Mississippi. He is the author of Race, Myth and the News (Sage, 1995). Kim M. LeDuff is Associate Professor and Assistant Director at the School of Mass Communication and Journalism at the University of Southern Mississippi. Cheryl D. Jenkins is Assistant Professor at the School of Mass Communication and Journalism at the University of Southern Mississippi. Rockell A. Brown is Assistant Professor at the School of Communication at Texas Southern University.
- Author(s)Cheryl D. Jenkins,Christopher P. Campbell,Kim M. LeDuff,Rockell A. Brown
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black & white halftones
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.