All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeloved by nearly half a million tarot enthusiasts, Rachel Pollack's Seventy-Eight Degrees Of Wisdom forever transformed the study of tarot. Finally - after thirty years - the much-anticipated follow-up to this revered classic has arrived! Enhanced by the author's personal insights and wisdom gained over the past three decades, Rachel Pollack's Tarot Wisdom will inspire fans and attract a new generation of tarot students.Alive with a rich array of new ideas, yet reverent to the history and tradition of tarot, this is a comprehensive guide for all levels. All seventy-eight cards are explored from fresh angles: tarot history, art, psychology and a wide variety of spiritual/occult traditions. Pollack also takes tarot reading in new and exciting directions - spanning predictive, psychological, magical and spiritual approaches. Featuring a wealth of new spreads, anecdotes from the author, and invative ways to interpret and use tarot, this all-encompassing guide will reinvigorate your practice.
- Author BiographyRachel is considered one of the World's foremost authorities on the modern interpretation of the Tarot. She is also a poet, an award-winning novelist, and a Tarot card and comic book artist. She has published 12 books on the Tarot, including 78 Degrees of Wisdom (Thorsons, 1998), considered a modern classic and the Bible of Tarot reading. Its' marriage of common sense, wide-ranging knowledge, and esoteric awareness have inspired many tens of thousands of readers worldwide to a deeper knowledge of the Tarot. She is a member of the American Tarot Association, the International Tarot Society, and the Tarot Guild of Australia. With fellow Tarot author Mary Greer, she has taught at the famed Omega Institute for the past twelve years. She has been conferred the title of Tarot Grand Master by the Tarot Certification Board, an independent body located in Las Vegas, Nevada. As a fiction writer, Pollack has been bestowed many honors and awards, among them the famed Arthur C. Clarke Award for Science Fiction (for Unquenchable Fire) and the World Fantasy Award (for Godmother Night). She is a recommended member of PEN International, and has written for numerous publications.
- Author(s)Rachel Pollack
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations and photos
- Weight998 g
- Width190 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.