Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionRachel's Little Quote Book is a compilation of the inspirational quotes, motivational quotes, and television and movie quotes recorded in Rachel Ann Carr's little quote book the last year of her life. Rachel was killed on June 26, 2010 at the age of 26 in a horrific car crash just two blocks from home. The purpose of publishing Rachel's Little Quote Book is to: 1.Hor Rachel's memory and the goodness she brought to this world, being motivated by quotes to live by; and 2.To raise money to make Rachel's dream of a camp for abused and disadvantaged kids come true. It was Rachel's habit to write down quotes as she came across them that meant a great deal to her and inspired her. For a number of years she recorded these quotes in a small little tebooks. The quotes in Rachel's Little Quote Book are from the book she was using at the time of her death. Rachel loved great quotes and sayings wherever she could find them - in movies, television shows, signs in gift stores, books, road signs and management training sessions. She quoted famous people from Marge Simpson to Albert Einstein, Albus Dumbledore to William Shakespeare, and Marilyn Monroe to Alfred Lord Tennyson, although her very favorites that she often quoted to friends and family were movie quotes, television quotes, and almost anything from John Mayer. Many are quotes of wisdom, many are friendship quotes, and most are quotes for the journey through life and becoming a better person. All are memorable. Also included in Rachel's Little Quote Book are quotes from Rachel, herself, in a section titled Quotes from Rachel, Herself including a few stories from friends and family about the quotes. In this section are two samples of Rachel's writing and creative spirit in the 16 Things You May, or May Not, Kw About Me and 25 Things About Me -- Different from the Previous 16 -- posted on her Facebook page the year before her death. Her humor and writing ability show through as we learn about the Rachel we all love. Like Rachel, most of us are motivated by quotes that encourage us to try a little harder, to reach a little higher, to become the best person we can be. For Rachel that meant being good to everyone she meant, praising their contributions, giving them reason to smile, and generously giving of herself. All profits from the sale of Rachel's Little Quote Book will help build a summer camp for abused and disadvantaged kids being established by Rachel's family in Palestine, Texas, to hor Rachel's memory and complete her unfulfilled dream of offering a place of hope, acceptance and joy for abused and disadvantaged kids. The Camp at Rachel's Ranch is a n-profit corporation where, as Rachel said, kids can just be kids. Our goal is to build the camp facilities and open the Camp at Rachel's Ranch in the summer of 2012. We thank you for purchasing copies of Rachel's Little Quote Book for yourself, family and friends. It will make a nice gift for Mother's Day, Christmas and birthdays. We so appreciate your support in making Rachel's dream come true at Rachel's Ranch. To do more to help build the camp, please visit us at www.RachelsRanch.org to learn of more ways you can contribute to the building of the Camp at Rachel's Ranch.
- Author BiographyJan Myers is the mother of Rachel Ann Carr whose favorite motivational quotes recorded during the last year of her life are contained in this book. All proceeds from the sale of Rachel's Little Quote Book and the subsequent workbooks will go to the building of Rachel's Ranch. With the sudden death of their youngest child, Rachel, on June 26, 2010, Larry and Jan have decided to build the Camp at Rachel's Ranch to fulfill Rachel's dream of providing a camp for abused and disadvantaged children. The family has purchased a piece of property in Palestine, Texas which they have named Rachel's Ranch and set up a non-profit organization to build the camp facility beginning in Summer, 2011. Projected opening of the camp is Summer, 2012. Professionally, Jan Myers is an author and organizational development consultant specializing in leadership and management consulting and well as process engineering. Her consulting career has included Fortune 500 companies, the U.S. military, and foreign governments. Jan spent 7 years as a consultant for Covey Leadership Center. She is also the CEO of Small Business Goes Social, a social media consulting firm for small businesses. Jan is also the founder of Women Can, an organization designed to provide opportunities for women throughout the world to improve their lives and the lives of their children through business training and microfinancing of entrepreneurial ventures. Jan and Larry are the parents of 8 children and 8 grandchildren and live at Rachel's Ranch in Palestine, Texas.
- Author(s)Jan Myers
- PublisherLjm Publishing
- Date of Publication17/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLjm Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.