All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty years since the publication of the Second Edition and more than thirty years since the publication of the original book, Racial Formation in the United States w arrives with each chapter radically revised and rewritten by authors Michael Omi and Howard Winant, but the overall purpose and vision of this classic remains the same: Omi and Winant provide an account of how concepts of race are created and transformed, how they become the focus of political conflict, and how they come to shape and permeate both identities and institutions. The steady journey of the U.S. toward a majority nwhite population, the ongoing evisceration of the political legacy of the early post-World War II civil rights movement, the initiation of the 'war on terror' with its attendant Islamophobia, the rise of a mass immigrants rights movement, the formulation of race/class/gender 'intersectionality' theories, and the election and reelection of a black President of the United States are some of the many new racial conditions Racial Formation w covers.
- Author BiographyMichael Omi is Associate Professor of Ethnic Studies and Associate Director of the Haas Institute for a Fair and Inclusive Society at the University of California, Berkeley. Howard Winant is Professor of Sociology at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Winant is the founding director of the University of California Center for New Racial Studies (UCCNRS), a MultiCampus Research Program Initiative.
- Author(s)Howard A. Winant,Michael Omi,Professor Howard Winant,Professor Michael Omi
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Sewn,Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.