CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionRacing With The Rain: A fast moving rain cloud in an otherwise clear sky triggers a sudden downpour and people run for cover. Is it possible to outrun the rain? Can one ever really escape the past? Guyanese born and Canadian naturalized Carl Dias will find out as he returns for his father's funeral. His visit will bring him in conflict with a government that is facing threats from an expat group intent on overthrowing the dictatorship. It will also evoke the events of the Kennedy Administration/ British Government manipulation of the internal politics of the former colony, an era where the CIA promoted an attempted coup, causing riots and the virtual destruction of the commercial district of Georgetown, the Capital. It was also a period where the Dias family imploded due to divided loyalties, resulting in scars that never healed.
- Author BiographyKen Puddicombe's writing has appeared in newspapers and literary journals in Canada. Originally from British Guiana [now Guyana] in South America, he immigrated to Canada in 1971 and still lives there with his family. Racing With The Rain is his first novel. A second novel Junta and a collection of short stories entitled Down Independence Boulevard will be released in 2013. His genre is fiction, based on international locations but especially focussed in Canada, the Caribbean and Guyana.
- Author(s)Ken Puddicombe
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.