Radar and ARPA Manual: Radar and Target Tracking for Professional Mariners, Yachtsmen and Users of Marine Radar by W. O. Dineley, Alan Bole, Alan Wall (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $183.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $96.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRadar and ARPA (Automatic Radar Plotting Aids) are standard systems on all commercial vessels and are widely used in the leisure maritime sector. This fully revised new edition covers the complete radar/ARPA installation, including AIS (Automatic Identification System) and ECDIS (Electronic Chart Display & Information Systems). It serves as the most comprehensive and up-to-date reference on equipment and techniques for radar observers using older and newer systems alike. Suitable for use both as a professional user's reference and as a training text, it covers all aspects of radar and ARPA techlogy, its use and its role in shipboard operations. Reference is made throughout to IMO (International Maritime Organisation) Performance Standards, the role of radar in navigation and in collision avoidance, and to international professional and amateur marine operations qualifications. * The most up-to-date book available, with full coverage of modern radar and ARPA systems, integrated electronic bridge systems and the 2004 IMO Radar regulations * The industry authority text, widely-used * Meets professional, educational and leisure maritime needs, covering both professional and amateur certificate requirements
- Author BiographyAfter 10 years at sea, Alan Bole qualified as Extra Master Mariner. In 1965, he was appointed Lecturer in Charge of the Radar School at the Liverpool Regional College of Technology. In 1973, Alan was appointed Principal Lecturer in Radar Simulation at the now Liverpool Polytechnic, and in 1979 he was elected a Fellow of the Royal Institute of Navigation and a Fellow of the Nautical Institute. Since his retirement in 1988, Alan has been focussing on consultancies pertaining to Radar, Navigation and Simulation Worldwide. He also supervises degrees to PhD level through Liverpool John Moore's University. He is a Royal Yachting Association Yachtmaster and Examiner to all levels including 'Ocean', and a Co-author of a number of nautical books and publications.
- Author(s)Alan Bole,Alan Wall,W. O. Dineley
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication21/04/2005
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Out-of-print date13/03/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight999 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.