All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionIn Radical Hope, one of Australia's most original and provocative thinkers turns his attention to the question of education. Noel Pearson begins with two fundamental questions: How to ensure the survival of a people, their culture and way of life? And can education transform the lives of the disadvantaged many, or will it at best raise up a fortunate few? Pearson argues powerfully that underclass students, many of whom are Aboriginal, should receive a rigorous schooling that gives them the means to negotiate the wider world. He examines the long-term failure of educational policy in Australia, especially in the indigeus sector, and asks why it is always 'Groundhog Day' when there are lessons to be learned from invations w underway. Pearson introduces new findings from research and practice, and takes on some of the most difficult and controversial issues. Throughout, he searches for the radical centre - the way forward that will raise up the many, preserve culture, and ensure child is left behind.
- Author BiographyNoel Pearson is a lawyer and activist. He has published many essays and newspaper articles. His first book, Up from the Mission, is a collection of essays that charts his life and thought from his early days as a native title lawyer to his position today as one of Australia's most influential figures.
- Author(s)Noel Pearson
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Weight229 g
- Width130 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.