All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionFrom 1950 to 1960, millions of Americans throughout the United States willingly and enthusiastically participated in Radio Free Europe's Crusade for Freedom. They signed Freedom Scrolls and Freedom Grams, participated in fund-raising dinners and lunches, attended Crusader meetings, marched in parades, launched leaflet-carrying balloons, among other activities. A compelling, decade-long propaganda campaign, the Crusade for Freedom proved to be a powerful tool of the state-private network's anti-communist agenda. This book takes an in-depth look at the Crusade for Freedom, revealing how its unmatched pageantry of patriotism led to the creation of a dynamic movement involving t only the government but also private industry, mass media, academia, religious leaders, and, lastly, the average Joe.
- Author BiographyRichard H. Cummings was the director of security for Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty for 15 years beginning in 1980. He currently lives in Dusseldorf, Germany.
- Author(s)Richard H. Cummings
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteca. 25 photos, appendices, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.