All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis richly detailed examination of two branches of American entertainment focuses on the various ways that radio stations and air personalities have been depicted in motion pictures, from 1926's The Radio Detective to more recent films like 2006's A Prairie Home Companion. Covered are cinematic portrayals of various aspects of radio, including disc jockeys, sports broadcasts, religious programs, and the talk-radio format. Such films as The Big Broadcast (1932), Reveille with Beverly (1943), Mister Rock and Roll (1957), WUSA (1970), Radio Days (1987) and Private Parts (1997) t only provide fascinating insights into the times in which they were produced, but also into the historical eras that some of these films have endeavored to recreate.
- Author BiographyLaurence Etling is an associate professor with the Department of Communication Arts at Valdosta State University in Georgia.
- Author(s)Laurence Etling
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight350 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.