All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a major revision and expansion of Taylor's seminal book Radiocarbon Dating: An Archaeological Perspective. It covers the major advances and accomplishments of the 14C method in archaeology and analyzes factors that affect the accuracy and precision of 14C-based age estimates. In addition to reviewing the basic principles of the method, it examines 14C dating amalies and means to resolve them, and considers the critical application of 14C data as a dating isotope with special emphasis on issues in Old and New World archaeology and late Quaternary paleoanthropology. This volume, again a benchmark for 14C dating, critically reflects on the method and data that underpins, in so many cases, the validity of the chrologies used to understand the prehistoric archaeological record.
- Author BiographyR. E. Taylor is Emeritus Professor of Anthropology, University of California, Riverside (UCR) and Visiting Professor in the Cotsen Institute of Archaeology, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). He is also a visiting scientist at the Keck Carbon Cycle Accelerator Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, University of California, Irvine. From 1974 to 2002, he was the director of the UCR Radiocarbon Laboratory and was affiliated with the UCR Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics. Ofer Bar-Yosef is the MacCurdy Research Professor of Prehistoric Archaeology at Harvard University. He was involved in excavating a wide range of prehistoric sites both open-air and caves located in Israel, Sinai (Egypt), Turkey, Czech Republic, Republic of Georgia, and recently in the People's Republic of China. The projects produced information concerning Lower Pleistocene dispersals of early humans, issues related to Neanderthals and modern humans, Upper Paleolithic forager societies, as well as information related to the emergence of farming and herding societies. He is a member of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA and Corresponding Fellow of the British Academy; he was also awarded the 2013 Cotsen Prize for Life-Time Achievement in World Archaeology.
- Author(s)Ofer Bar-Yosef,R. E. Taylor
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1330 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword byLord Colin Renfrew
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.