All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.40
- AU $25.41Trending at AU $27.76
About this product
- DescriptionAges 8 to 14 years. In the mid 1600s, legendary fur traders Radisson and des Groseilliers were the first Europeans to explore the upper part of the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers. This exciting book explains how their trade routes helped open up the mid-west of the United States and Canada and how their discoveries led to the creation of the Hudson's Bay Company, the oldest corporation in North America. Young readers will also be fascinated to read about Radisson's early kidnapping by the Iroquois. Other topics include: previous expeditions before their partnership; the rugged life of a voyageur; the League of Friendship; what a Royal Charter for fur trading and exploration was; the fur trade in North America.
- Author(s)Katharine Bailey
- PublisherCrabtree Publishing Co,Canada
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleIn the Footsteps of Explorers S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCrabtree Publishing Co,Canada
- Out-of-print date16/05/2015
- Content Notecolour photos & illus
- Weight172 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.