All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionRadstock and Midsomer Norton have a rich and ancient history, the former having been mentioned in the Domesday survey. They are situated in the North East Somerset coalfield and their growth and importance during the Industrial Revolution is still evident both in the landscape and buildings still to be found today. The photographs included here give insights into how the area has coped with the decline of its traditional industries and how it celebrates its fascinating heritage today. Radstock & Midsomer Norton Through Time focuses on depicting the industrial, commercial, religious, educational and civic architectural heritage of Radstock and Midsomer Norton and also shows some of the homes of local inhabitants, both rich and poor. It demonstrates the immense changes that have occurred in the area, but also intimates at the sense of pride and continuity still to be found in these close-knit communities.
- Author BiographyLorna recently retired college Lecturer who has been studying a Foundation Degree in History, Heritage and Archaeology because of a long standing personal interest (Andy is the Course Leader). She is a volunteer at Radstock Museum, recently becoming a Trustee. She is a member of the Education Group. She also a member of the Documentation Team with the specific role of Acquisitions Officer. The Museum has a high profile and is recognised for its excellence both in the immediate area and further afield, attracting several thousand visitors per year. As well as arranging four different Exhibitions each year, it also organises a series of monthly specialist talks attracting reasonable audiences on topics such as 'Science in Radstock', 'Fracking and the Mendips' and 'Bygone Days'. Radstock itself is, of course, central to the 'story' of the North East Somerset coalfield.
- Author(s)Lorna Boyd
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.