CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn an incredible effort, this short book takes one through a musical journey of a lifetime. From mastering a single te to the complexities of raga exposition and emotional expression, from the basic musical perception of time to masterful and intricate rhythmic play, it explores a student's journey through learning, assimilation and an ultimate alchemic transformation into an artiste.
- Author BiographySamarth Nagarkar is a Hindustani classical vocalist, known for his captivating performances and a traditionally rich music. Samarth features in prominent music festivals and venues in India and the US including The ITC Sangeet Sammelan, Kolkata; Chhandayan All Night Concert, The International Fringe Festival and The Drive East Festival, New York; Maverick Concerts, Woodstock; Ali Akbar College of Music and Basant Bahar, San Francisco; The Kashinath Bodas Music Festival, Pheonix; and Universities like Stanford, UPenn, UPitt and PSU. Apart from his book 'Raga Sangeet', he has two albums titled Pranali' and Pravah' to his credit. Samarth teaches at two prominent music schools in New York, and also teaches adjunct lectures and master-classes at schools/universities like MSM and NYU. Trained under Pandit Ulhas Kashalkar and Pandit Dinkar Kaikini, he is a former scholar of the prestigious ITC Sangeet Research Academy, Kolkata. He is a recipient of a Fellowship from the Ministry of Culture, Government of India as well as a President's Award from the All India Radio's National Music Competitions. Pursuing a full-fledged career as a performer, composer, teacher and author, Samarth is described by critics as one of today's most prolific performers and a torchbearer of the traditions he represents.
- Author(s)Samarth Nagarkar
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width135 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.