All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.89Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.76Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.28Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.54Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do people riot? From the Boston Massacre in 1770 to the Los Angeles riots of 1992, mob violence in the United States is often sparked by unjust court decisions, unfair taxes, unpopular wars, the fear of unemployment, and racial and ethnic prejudice. But there are also seemingly senseless riots over wild concerts and sports championships. What causes a peacefully assembled crowd to turn into a mindless, violent mob? What causes a police force or militia to lose control? In this timely, comprehensive overview, Jules Archer describes and explains the causes of mob violence in the United States and suggests that unless we make some basic changes in the nature of our society, the despair and rage that ignite mob violence may always be with us.
- Author BiographyJules Archer was one of the most respected names in nonfiction for young people. During his lifetime he published more than seventy books, which have been translated into twelve languages throughout the world. He lived in Scotts Valley, California, until his death in 2008. Kathleen Krull left her career as an editor in 1984 to turn to writing, most recently the Women Who Broke the Rules series. Her more than sixty books have garnered starred reviews and awards, and the Children's Book Guild of Washington, DC, honored her with its Nonfiction Award for her body of work that has contributed significantly to the quality of nonfiction for children. She lives in San Diego, California.
- Author(s)Jules Archer
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleJules Archer History for Young Readers
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content NoteB&W illustrations
- Weight342 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byKathleen Krull
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Reading AgeFrom 6
- Interest AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.