All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Raging with Compassion , Swinton argues for a practical theodicy, one embodied in the life and practices of the Christian community. This practicality does t seek to provide an explanation for the existence of evil, but rather presents ways in which evil and suffering can be resisted and transformed. This, he insists, will enable Christians to live faithfully with unanswered questions as they await God's redemption of the whole creation. Swinton explores essential practices of redemption - lament, forgiveness, thoughtfulness, hospitality, and friendship - drawing out their implications for the faithful resistance of evil. Enhanced by case studies from current events and by Swinton's own experience as a pastor and mental health nurse, Raging with Compassion seeks to inspire fresh Christian responses and modes of practice in our broken, fallen world.
- Author BiographyJohn Swinton is Professor of Practical Theology and Pastoral Care and is Director of the Centre for Spirituality, Health and Disability at the University of Aberdeen.
- Author(s)John Swinton
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication26/02/2007
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.