All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.32
About this product
- DescriptionCaptain Alexandra 'Alex' McLaughlin is t a woman to be underestimated. Under her petite exterior is a spine of solid steel and a disposition to laugh in the face of impending death. A former member of the Terran Navy's elite force, the Dead Jokers, electronic-warfare pilots with a mortality rate to match that of old Japan's Kamikazes, Alex is a born survivor. But sometimes survival can be a curse. Humanity is locked in a war of survival with the Xan-Sskarn, an alien race that refuses to ackwledge the rights of 'weaker' creatures to live. It is a war that will t end with a peace treaty, but only the complete subjugation of one species to the other. And right w, the alien side is winning. As the battles take on an eerily familiar pattern of -win scenarios, Alex realizes the horrifying truth; humanity has a traitor, and it's somebody close. As each battle brings more death, Alex's ghosts grow and so does her desire for vengeance. There is only one way for this to end, and Alex is just the human to take it there - to Ragnarok.
- Author BiographyPatrick A. Vanner was born into a Marine family, and, after attending Penn State University, majoring in aerospace and electrical engineering, he enlisted in the Marine Corps like his parents before him. After a successful military tour, he earned a degree in network administration and began a career in telecommunications and information technology. He divides his time between working, reading, writing, gaming and spending an exorbitant amount of money on anime, giving truth to the saying, Anime, it's more addictive than crack. Patrick currently lives with the love of his life, Heather, and four insane cats that make their lives interesting in every sense of the ancient Chinese curse.
- Author(s)Patrick A. Vanner
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication07/09/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Out-of-print date02/11/2012
- Weight390 g
- Width156 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.