All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.18Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionBefore Stonewall, having a drink with friends or your girl could mean jail. In 1961, The Old Town Tavern is more than just a gay bar. It s a home to strangers who have become family. Murph, the dapper unschooled storyteller. Rockie Solomon, the gentle, generous observer. Lisa Jelane, in all her lonely dignity. Gorgeous Paul, so fragile, and his twin (straight?) sister Cissy. Deej, the angry incent. Norman, plump and queenly lover of a college professor who s happiest in schoolmarm drag. Harry Van Epps, police officer, and old Dr. Everett, family physician. They drink, they dance, they fall in lust and in love. They don t even kw who the enemy is, only that it is powerful eugh to order the all-too-willing vice squad to destroy the bar and their lives. Would these women and men still have family, a job, a place to live afterThe Raid? This was how it was done then, this was the gay life, and this is the resilient gay will.
- Author BiographyLee Lynch has been proudly writing lesbian stories since the 1960s when she was a frequent contributor to <i>The Ladder</i>, the only lesbian publication at the time. Since then she has published a dozen books, her stories have appeared in a number of anthologies, and she has written reviews and feature articles for <i>The Lambda Book Report</i> and many other publications. Her syndicated column, The Amazon Trail, has been running since 1986.
- Author(s)Lee Lynch
- PublisherBella Books
- Date of Publication05/11/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBold Strokes Books
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.