All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo the people of Great Britain World War II was the deadliest and bloodiest war in history. Never before or since have so many people made such a personal sacrifice in the line of duty. Raiders tells the extraordinary true stories of six of the most daring special operations ever undertaken in warfare and the heroism of the people behind them. Operation Chariot was the most ambitious amphibious raid ever mounted by the British Forces. Attacking the heavily fortified dry dock at St Nazaire in German occupied France, an elite group of commandos battered their way through a maelstrom of bullets and incendiaries. Their boat is punctured by over a hundred shell holes, the dead and wounded lie all around them on the decks, but still their guns are blazing and still they press on... Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality that guarantees all others . (Winston Churchill).
- Author BiographyRoss Kemp is an award winning actor and journalist who has received critical acclaim and international recognition for his investigative journalism. Unlike other historical writers, Kemp has spent time on the front line with British troops in Helmand Province in Afghanistan. He is also a leading patron for Help for Heroes.
- Author(s)Ross Kemp
- Date of Publication09/05/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.