All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRails Across Ontario will take the reader back to a time when the railway ruled the ecomy and the landscape.Read about historic stations, railway museums, heritage train rides, and historic bridges. Follow old rail lines along Ontario's most popular rail trails. Find out where steam engines still puff across farm fields and where historic train coaches lead deep into the wilds of Ontario's scenic rth country. Discover long forgotten but once vital railway structures, such as roundhouses, coal docks, and water towers. Learn about regular VIA Rail routes that follow some of the province's oldest rail lines and pass some of its most historic stations, including one that has operated continuously since 1857.
- Author BiographyRon Brown is a geographer and heritage writer. He has authored more than twenty books, including Rails Over the Mountains, The Train Doesn't Stop Here Anymore, and The Top 150 Unusual Things to See in Ontario. A past chair of the Writers' Union of Canada, he also conducts tours along Ontario's back roads. He lives in East York.
- Author(s)Ron Brown
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.