All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionRailway Rhymes is probably the first time that the poetry of railways has been brought together into one dedicated volume. Here will certainly be found the old favourites - Philip Larkin's Whitsun Weddings , W.H. Auden's Night Mail , John Betjeman's Distant View of a Provincial Town , - but equally this little book is stuffed with forgotten gems like Edmund Blunden's Two Wars and Patricia Beer's The Branch Line . Divided up into chapters entitled Navigation, Engineering, Waiting, Travelling and Musing, Railway Rhymes is the perfect pocket companion for waiting room and train compartment alike.
- Author BiographyPeter Ashley is the author and photographer of the bestselling and critically acclaimed Unmitigated England, a record of his truly English passions, London Peculiars, More London Peculiars and Pastoral Peculiars. His love of stations and railway engineering was fully realised in Whistle Stops, an Everyman Pocket Book. He collaborated with Philip Wilkinson on books accompanying the BBC Restoration programmes and the ultimate guide to building types- The English Buildings Book. This year will see the publication of his More from Unmitigated England.
- Author(s)Peter Ashley
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Weight190 g
- Width15 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine110 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.