All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHenry Grimshaw falls into his father's footsteps on a passionate crusade to save the Aboriginal people of North Queensland. The 1890s in Australia is a time of harsh racism. Grimshaw is joined by his family to run a mission on constant political power struggle of his church. Incurring the wrath of his mother Grace and against all cultural conventions, his sister Ellen falls in love with a Kalangari man. This is a story about power, love, joy, injustice and the edges of insanity that mark one of the great, untold stories of Australian history. Disclaimer: Rainbow in a Bottle is written as a fictional story. Even though it is based on research of actual people and events, the facts cant be substantiated.
- Author BiographyJoan Cooper is a UK born artist and author who has lived in Australia for almost 50 years. She moved with her husband and young children to Australia in her early 20s. Arriving in Perth in 1965, she was a professional cake decorator, and became involved in the WA art scene. Townsville was her next port of call in 1978 where she completed her Diploma in Fine Arts. Rainbow in a Bottle was born from doing research for family history and has been a labour of love and a work in progress for many years.
- Author(s)Joan B. Cooper
- PublisherBrolga Publishing Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationRingwood, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBrolga Publishing Pty Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight478 g
- Width136 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine22 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $75.76Trending at AU $77.16
- AU $40.38Trending at AU $43.57
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.21
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.51
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.