All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the highly fluid and fast-changing tournament-poker universe, the dominant trend is toward looser and more aggressive (LAG) play, in which players move chips around at dizzying speeds. The Raiser's Edge shows you how to adapt to the current state of all stages of tournament play, analysing how and why the LAG and hyper-LAG styles work, and instructing on how to apply-and defend against-them. This book closely examines the many techniques used by the world's most successful players, including 3- and 4- betting, floating and squeezing, smooth-calling and min- raising, thin value betting, and the evolution of the metagame, along with equilibrium strategies based on starting hands and heads-up play. Even the ages and nationalities of your opponents are considered. There's also an extensive bonus chapter on reading tells, contributed by body-language expert Steve Van Aperen. Bertrand ElkY Grospellier, one of the hottest tournament-poker players in the world, has teamed up with Lee Nelson and Tysen Streib, authors of the acclaimed advanced tournament strategy book Kill Everyone, and poker star Tony Dunst to pen this groundbreaking title. With tournament poker evolving at a furious pace, serious players need to be ahead of the curve. The Raiser's Edge conveys the powerful state-of-the-art tactics that will get you there fast.
- Author(s)Bertrand 'elky Grospellier
- PublisherMonarch Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationMelbourne, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMonarch Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.