All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMilitary life places unique demands on military families with children including frequent moves, disruptions in schooling, family separation, health care issues, loss of friends, financial hardships, underemployment of military spouses, and the ever present threat of risk of injury or death of loved ones deployed. But learning how to navigate these challenges can help prepare families for those events as they arise. Here, the authors have assembled information about common problem areas and have included detailed information about solutions and resources available. The information in this guide has been carefully gathered from hundreds of sources and resources and includes the most up to date information about child services and benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs, allowing serving members of the military with children to quickly access information that they need regarding all aspects of child care, from raising a family to education, and from coping with constant moves to grief counseling. It also covers other critical issues such as wellness, family solidarity, benefits, insurance and problems such as addiction and domestic violence. Readers will gain a better understanding of what child services and benefits are available and how to obtain them as well as secrets for successful relationships and family bonding.
- Author BiographyCheryl Lawhorne-Scott is a clinical therapist with a twenty-year track record of counseling services specializing in trauma care, post traumatic stress, and traumatic brain-injury treatment for wounded, ill, and injured service members and their families. As a senior consultant, under the Office of the Secretary of Defense, she is part of a team that seeks innovative and proactive ways to enhance resources and services to military members and their families. She recently participated in the corporate mission, vision, and implementation of projects for the Department of Defense to align current and future strategic plans and objectives. Her past positions include the Deputy Program Manager for the Recovery Care Coordination program nationwide for wounded, ill and injured service members and their families. Don Philpott is editor of International Homeland Security Journal and has been writing, reporting, and broadcasting on international events, trouble spots, and major news stories for almost forty years. For twenty years he was a senior correspondent with Press Association-Reuters, the wire service, and traveled the world on assignments including Northern Ireland, Lebanon, Israel, South Africa, and Asia. He writes for magazines and newspapers in the United States and Europe and is a regular contributor to radio and television programs on security and other issues. He is the author of more than 120 books on a wide range of subjects and has had more than five thousand articles printed in publications around the world. His recent books include Military Finances, Life after the Military, Military Mental Health Care, Terror-Is America Safe?, Workplace Violence Prevention, and the Education Facility Security Handbook. Jeff Scott, LtCol., is a 26-year prior enlisted United States Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel who has held various leadership positions throughout his service with the most recent being the Commanding Officer of the world's first operational F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter squadron. In addition to being the first operational F-35 pilot and commander, LtCol Scott has received formal service training on Sexual Assault Prevention and Response as part of his leadership training and has mentored many Marines and families. LtCol Scott has also served with senior leadership at the Pentagon.
- Author(s)Cheryl Lawhorne-Scott,Don Philpott,Jeff Scott
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Series TitleMilitary Life
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight635 g
- Width165 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.