All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionAsperger's How-To Guide Parenting the child with Asperger's is new for most, but Raising a Dragon is packed full of practical strategies and tools proven to assist anyone in contact with persons with Asperger's Syndrome. This insightful and humorous guide leaves readers t only informed about Asperger's, but also with an uplifting and lighthearted approach to understanding, guiding and living with the AS child. Tips for: Understanding your unique and sometimes unusual child. Having great dialogues with your child. Helping your child to communicate with others. Helping your child navigate childhood and the school years. Fun ways of teaching your child social skills they will remember. Finding your child's hidden talents and skills, which are the secret to their success. Helping your child transition into a successful adulthood. Finding the information that will help your family navigate the journey. Finding more laughter in your life than you ever imagined possible.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author Debra Townsend lives on the banks of a natural river in northern Michigan with her son, Brendan. A mother of three; with Brendan as the youngest, Debra describes parenting as a lifetime adventure; a journey in understanding, optimally seeing each child as a unique and distinctly different individual. To Debra, parenting is as much of a learning experience as it is a teaching experience. Writing has been an integral passion in Debra's life since the age of five, when she began writing her first short stories. A member of Michigan Writers, her articles and short stories have been featured in publications and creative writing competitions including The Healing Garden Journal, YourPlace, NMC Magazine, and the Interlochen Review. Debra has an A.S.A with an emphasis in journalism from Northwestern MI College, and is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Leadership at Grand Valley State University. An interest in photography was integral in being able to illustrate this book with photos taken during Brendan's childhood. Debra has her own photography business based in the Traverse City, Michigan area.
- Author(s)Debra L Townsend
- PublisherDunes Publishing
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDunes Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.