All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionChildren develop strong brain connections and feel happy when they learn how to control their bodies, manage big overwhelming feelings and develop their thinking skills. These important skills come more easily for some than for others - which also means that there is one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to parenting. Filled with stories, examples and easy to understand analogies, Raising Happy Children will help you understand: What is going on inside your child's developing body and brain; Your child's true nature and how this affects the way he thinks, feels and behaves. You'll also find lots of fun games you can play during your day-to-day interaction - crucial in the development of your child's ability to regulate his body and develop his thinking in the midst of big, overwhelming feelings. In this book, Lizanne also gives step-by-step ways to deal with some of the most common parenting struggles,as they relate to your unique child, such as: Meltdowns; Temper tantrums; Fears, anxieties and stress. Once you understand your unique child, you'll be ready to set appropriate boundaries and put rituals and routines in place that will guarantee a calm, happy and deeply connected family.
- Author BiographyLizanne du Plessis lives in Cape Town with her husband Marius and daughters Lize and Cara. Together they've travelled abroad for many years and lived in The Netherlands and the United Kingdom, before returning to South Africa. She is an experienced occupational therapist with a special interest in the identification and treatment of infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers with sensory processing disorder. She regularly presents training and workshops for parents, teachers and professionals on various topics related to parenting and sensory processing. She also contributes frequently to professional publications and magazines. Lizanne feels passionate about empowering parents and her work and message have enabled thousands of parents and professionals to: Discover and understand their child's uniqueness; Support development and learning; Manage daily challenges and Build strong relationships. She loves reading in the bath, camping with her family, and in attempt to be more successful at her own self-regulation, has recently taken up running (it's working she says!). You'll love all the additional resources on www.lizanneduplessis.com. Visit Lizanne's blog to read more as she continues her quest of raising happy kids and being a joyful parent, follow her speaking schedule and join in the conversation with other intentional parents.
- Author(s)Lizanne Du Plessis
- PublisherMetz Press
- Date of Publication02/06/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBellville
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintMetz Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.