All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionFragmentation and coagulation are two natural phemena that can be observed in many sciences and at a great variety of scales - from, for example, DNA fragmentation to formation of planets by accretion. This book, by the author of the acclaimed Levy Processes, is the first comprehensive theoretical account of mathematical models for situations where either phemen occurs randomly and repeatedly as time passes. This self-contained treatment develops the models in a way that makes recent developments in the field accessible. Each chapter ends with a comments section in which important aspects t discussed in the main part of the text (often because the discussion would have been too technical and/or lengthy) are addressed and precise references are given. Written for readers with a solid background in probability, its careful exposition allows graduate students, as well as working mathematicians, to approach the material with confidence.
- Author BiographyJean Bertoin is Professor of Mathematics at Universite Paris VI. His book Levy Processes was published by Cambridge University Press in 1996.
- Author(s)Jean Bertoin
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/08/2006
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 102
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Series Edited byB. Bollobas,W. Fulton,A. Katok,F. Kirwan,P. Sarnak,B. Simon,B. Totaro
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.