All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a comprehensive analysis of modern Indian history with special reference to the colonial period-from the Battle of Plassey in 1757 to the Indian independence. It is written as an introductory text for a wider reading community. The author has in his mind the needs of those general readers, especially those who have only a hazy tion of Indian history. Each chapter includes lists of highlights of the period, memorable dates and events, memorable personalities and quotable quotes. The book also includes a comprehensive bibliography for further reading.
- Author BiographyProf Ranjan Chakrabarti, an internationally acclaimed historian, is a Fullbright Visiting Professor and Alexander O Vietor Fellow at Brown University, USA and Charles Wallace Fellow at the Centre of South Asia in the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London. He has lectured widely at various Universities throughout the world including Duke University, University of Technology, Sydney and West Virginia University. He is currently a Professor at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India.
- Author(s)Ranjan Chakrabarti
- PublisherReaders Service
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationKolkata
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintReaders Service
- Weight363 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.