Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionRansomes of Ipswich was at the forefront of the agricultural engineering and grass-cutting industries in Britain. In the course of their 200-year history they were responsible for many invations including the self-sharpening ploughshare and the world's first self-moving agricultural machine. They manufactured the world's first lawn mower and were rewned for steam engines and threshers. They built tractors and trolleybuses, combines and reach trucks; they provided Britain's tillage implements and they exported throughout the world. Using over 300 illustrations, a quarter in colour, this book provides a vivid picture of Ransomes and in particular their contribution to 20th-century farm machinery. The text is authoritative, full of detail and useful information for a wide range of enthusiasts, whether their interests are match ploughing, MG tractors, grass-maintenance machinery or combines.
- Author BiographyBrian Bell MBE is one of Britain's best-known authors of books and videos on agricultural machinery and tractors.
- Author(s)Brian Bell
- Publisher5m Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/1901
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOld Pond Publishing Ltd
- Content Note315 illustrations
- Weight822 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.