Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive collection of essays dedicated to the work of filmmaker Raoul Peck is the first of its kind. The essays, interview, and keyte addresses collected in Raoul Peck: Power, Politics, and the Cinematic Imagination focus on the ways in which power and politics traverse the work of Peck and are central to his cinematic vision. At the heart of this project is the wish to gather diverse interpretations of Raoul Peck's films in a single volume. The essays included herein are written by scholars from different disciplines and are placed alongside Peck's own articulations around the nature of power and politics. Raoul Peck: Power, Politics, and the Cinematic Imagination provides an introduction to Peck's better-kwn films, interpretations of his rarely seen and recently released early films, and original analyses of his more recent films. It endeavors to explore the ways in which the dual themes of power and politics inform the work of Peck by taking a multidisciplinary approach to contextualizing his filmography. It culls contributions from scholars who write from a wide range of disciplines including history, film studies, literary studies, postcolonial studies, French and Francophone studies and African studies. The result is a volume that offers divergent perspectives and frames of expertise by which to understand Peck's oeuvre that continues to expand and deepen.
- Author BiographyToni Pressley-Sanon is assistant professor in the Department of Africology and African American Studies at Eastern Michigan University. Sophie Saint-Just is visiting assistant professor of French at Williams College.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight567 g
- Width159 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited bySophie Saint-Just,Toni Pressley-Sanon
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.