Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the only mograph on the career of 2012 winner of the prestigious Sobey Art Award. Installation, performance and video are just some of the strategies the multidisciplinary artist employs; De Groot's practice is less defined by discipline than by the projects she organizes. Her vast undertakings have led her to the hearts of realities as diverse as religious communities, textile workers and the blind. Through multiple contacts with the individuals concerned and the exhaustive gathering of signs of their longstanding activity, she creates exhibitions that act as living testimony to worlds most of us barely kw. Superbly illustrated, this mograph explores the 2012 Sobey Art Award-winning artists unique vision, and how she challenges the accepted ideas of what an artist should do and be.
- Author(s)Louise Dery,Yann Porceau
- PublisherGalerie de l'UQAM
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- LanguageEnglish and French
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGalerie de l'UQAM
- Content Note80 full-colour illustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height267 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.