All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionRapid Penetration into Granular Media: Visualizing the Fundamental Physics of Rapid Penetration introduces readers to the variety of methods developed to visualize, observe, and model the rapid penetration of natural and man-made projectiles into earth materials while providing seasoned practitioners with a standard reference that showcases the topic's most recent developments in research and application. There has been a flurry of recently funded research both in the U.S. and Europe on studying the behavior of projectiles in granular media. This book compiles the findings of recent research on the subject and outlines the fundamental physics of rapid earth penetration, and assembles a comprehensive collection of experimental and numerical techniques to study the problem.
- Author BiographyMagued Iskander, PhD, PE, F.ASCE, is a Professor of Geotechnical and Chair of the Civil and Urban Engineering Department at New York University Polytechnic School of Engineering. He is widely recognized as the leading authority on physical modeling of geotechnical applications using transparent soils. Professor Iskander served as Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-PI on over $12 Million of research and educational grants and contracts, including the NSF CAREER Award. He is a Fellow of The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). Dr. Iskander authored 4 books, edited 10 books, and published over 150 papers. He graduated 9 doctoral and 31 masters' students. Stephan Bless, ScD, F.APS, F.IBS, is a Research Professor in the Department of Civil and Urban Engineering at New York University Polytechnic School of Engineering. Before joining NYU he was Head of the Hypervelocity Effects Division at the University of Texas Institute for Advanced Technology. He is an expert in impact effects and the dynamic behavior of materials, with extensive publications in shock physics, terminal ballistics, and strength of materials. He is a Fellow of the American Physical Society and the International Ballistics Society. He can be reached at email@example.com. Mehdi Omidvar, PhD, is an Assistant Professor in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at Manhattan College. He received his PhD from New York University, where he studied the macro and micro scale behavior of natural and artificial sands to rapid penetration. He has published over 30 articles dealing with granular mechanics, soil dynamics, and nonlinear dynamics.
- Author(s)Magued Iskander,Mehdi Omidvar,Stephen Bless
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication11/09/2015
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Weight940 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.