All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMatthew Hawkwood, ex-soldier turned Bow Street Runner, goes undercover to hunt down smugglers and traitors at the height of the Napoleonic Wars in this thrilling follow-up to Ratcatcher. For a French prisoner of war, there is only one fate worse than the gallows: the hulks. Former man-o'-wars, w converted to prison ships, their fearsome reputation guarantees a sentence served in the most dreadful conditions. Few survive. Escape, it's said, is impossible. Yet reports persist of a sinister smuggling operation within this brutal world - and the Royal Navy is worried eugh to send two of its officers to investigate. But when they disappear without trace, the Navy turns in desperation to Bow Street for help. It's time to send in a man as dangerous as the prey. It's time to send in Hawkwood...
- Author BiographyJames McGee is the pseudonym of Glen Moy, the Ottakar's manager in Tenterden. Glen has worked in banking, sales, newspapers and the airline industry before turning to bookselling. His interest in the Napoleonic period dates to his first reading of C.S.Forester's 'The Gun'. This is the third in a series of books featuring Matthew Hawkwood.
- Author(s)James McGee
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/02/2009
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight300 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.