Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionWhat constitutes a Rastafarian remains largely speculative to many. In the absence of clear definitions, Rastafarianism has some specific meaning to who seems to embrace it as an identity and to those onlookers who would prejudicially judge it. In ambiguity, Rasta lacks the cohesion necessary to defend itself against onslaught by a hostile world. It also deprives itself of the rigidity required of any belief system to include or exclude. Rastafarianism is left with many who would use it to mean anything, even that which is abhorrent to the sensibilities of all decent people. This book clarifies Rastafarianism. It provides a basic minimum understanding by which identity can be forged. The world will get a greater appreciation of the Rastafarian perspective. Particular branches of Rastafarian culture may be more elaborate, but this book sets a tone of commonality. By reading it, everyone will be able to answer the question, What is a Rastafarian?
- Author(s)MR Nigel S Daring
- Date of Publication07/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.