All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of an established text represents a practical introduction to the principles and applications of Rational Expectations (RE) methods in macroecomics for third-year undrgraduates and postgraduates. In his book, the author sets out to provide a basic working kwledge of the Rational Expectations Hypothesis (REH) by demonstrating in full various methods for solving RE models. The book then deals with policies and issues frequently encountered when applying these models including stabilization policy, fiscal policy, the political ecomy of democracy and the Phillips curve. Finally, the author turns to methods of testing the REH. By the end of the book, students should be able to apply RE models to any given ecomy they are concerned with. Professor Minford has updated the text extensively and has included new chapters on representative agent models (increasingly used in applied forecasting and policy analysis) and modelling the open ecomy. In the decade since the first edition was written, the REH has become much more influential in ecomics. The author's introductory and concluding chapters place the REH research programme in its historical context, assess the current state of the debate and look ahead to future research in this important subject.
- Author BiographyPatrick Minford is Edward Gonner Professor of Applied Economics at the University of Liverpool and one of the UK's leading exponents of Rational Expectations Macroeconomics. He is author of Unemployment Cause and Cure (Blackwell Publishers, 1986).
- Author(s)D. Peel,Patrick Minford
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/07/1992
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note44 figures, 2 tables, index
- Weight422 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.