Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $276.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionRationality in Greek Thought - a collection of specially written essays by leading international scholars - fundamentally re-examines ancient ideas of reason and rationality. Conceptions of reason, rationality, and reasonableness have changed over time, and scholars have all too easily projected contemporary ideas of reason onto ancient thought. This tendency has made it impossible for us fully to understand either the central tenets of ancient philosophers like Plato, Aristotle, and the Stoics, or empiricist tendencies in ancient thought. Rationality in Greek Thought examines distinctive aspects of ancient conceptions of reason, sharpening awareness of the considerable conceptual change, and helping to remove a serious obstacle to a full understanding of ancient philosophical texts. At the same time, the essays stimulate a re-assessment of our own ideas of reason and rationality, helping us set them in historical context, and explore alternatives to them.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/08/1996
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClarendon Press
- Content Noteline figures
- Weight584 g
- Width145 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGisela Striker,Michael Frede
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.