All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA modern and fresh take on vegetarian and raw food from celebrated Icelandic chef Solla Eiriksdottir Featuring 75 healthy and delicious recipes, Raw introduces readers to the new look of vegetarian and raw food. Divided into five chapters - breakfast, snacks, light lunches, main dishes, and sweet treats - readers can expect bright, fresh flavours with recipes like Green smoothie, Pistachio and kale hummus, Quia pizza, and vegan Vanilla ice cream. All the recipes are vegetarian and many are raw and vegan. Every recipe includes symbols to indicate whether dishes are suitable for a dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, raw-food, or vegan diet. After each chapter of recipes there is a seasonal recipe and activity section, which explores some wider lifestyle elements of living healthily, for example growing vegetables in small spaces, dying cloth with turmeric in summer, picking wild berries in fall, and making holiday gifts in winter. This book will appeal to raw food fans, the health conscious, and lovers of all things Nordic.
- Author BiographyChef Solla Eiriksdottir is the owner of Glo in Reykjavik - Iceland's most popular vegetarian and raw-food restaurant. She opened Glo twenty years ago and today runs five successful restaurants, an organic market, and has her own organic food brand, which is sold in grocery stores and supermarkets across Iceland. She has published five cookbooks, co-authored others, and has written many articles on organic food. She taught vegetarian cooking on television and she gives demonstrations every year at The Longevity conference in Los Angeles. She is an enthusiastic advocate of an organic and sustainable lifestyle, and has helped to make both vegetarianism and the raw food movement more mainstream and widely available in Iceland. Her restaurant and cuisine has gained an international reputation seeing Solla win the best RAW Gourmet Chef award in 2011 and 2012.
- Author(s)Solla Eiriksdottir
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1157 g
- Width205 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Photographer(s)Simon Bajada
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.