Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionRAW is a series of portraits photographed as people revisit a moment of loss from their past, which is presented alongside their written thoughts on the personal loss.Each individual has a different approach in revealing their loss. The memories can be hurtful but also happy. Each person photographed has become the person they are, or still is becoming the person they will be, through what they have lost and been through in their lives. Meeting and hearing their stories, feeling and seeing their vulnerability touches the heart. It is the moment when people are lost in their thoughts and by themselves, when there is beauty and sincerity.PAPERFOLD (2012) was a photography exhibition of 24 tableaux vivants, shot in South Africa and shown at the C3 Gallery in Melbourne, Other Photography exhibtions include TABOO (2010), REMEMBERING WHATS LOST (2009) and TABU (2003) at the Haus der Kunst in Munich, as part of the young artist in Germany exhibition.PAPER BIRD (2007) is her first feature film, and has been screened at an array of international film festivals and aired nationally on German television. Other films include Karma Cowboy (2001), Mona (1998), New York Images (1996), Alps (1995) and Growing Silently (1994), which have been screened at international film festivals including Leipzig (Germany), Beirut (Leban), Taiwan, Rotterdam (Holland), Prague (Czech Republic), South Korea, Petersburg (Russia), Barcelona (Spain) ect and won several prizes including the Prix Regards Neufs 1st Prize and the Bavarian Documentary Award The Young Lion at the Munich Film Festival, 2002 for Karma Cowboy.
- Author BiographyVanessa van Houten was born in San Rafael, California in 1971 and grew up in the Bahamas, Berlin and Munich. After completing a Bachelor of Photography at Polytechnic University in Dortmund, Germany she relocated to New York City to study with Jonas Mekas at The Anthology Film Archives. In 2007 she completed a Bachelor of Filmmaking at The Film Academy in Munich.
- Author(s)Vanessa van Houten
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- Place of PublicationJakarta
- Country of PublicationIndonesia
- Content Note52 colour photographs
- Width205 mm
- Height260 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.