All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Rawls was arguably the most important political philosopher of the 20th century. Barely a word of political philosophy is written today that is t indebted in some way to the philosophical paradigm that Rawls bequeathed. Rawls Explained sets out the thinker's complex arguments in a way that makes them accessible to first-time readers of his hugely influential work. Both clear in its exposition of Rawls' ideas and true to the complex purposes of his arguments, this book also attends to the variety of objections that have been made to them. The book is divided into three parts corresponding to the three books that form the core of Rawls's theory: A Theory of Justice, Political Liberalism, and The Law of Peoples. Each section of the book ends with a survey of some of the main criticisms of the arguments coupled with Rawls's strongest counterarguments.
- Author(s)Paul Voice
- PublisherOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication14/04/2011
- Series TitleIdeas Explained
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.