All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise and penetrating analysis introduces students to the life and thought of one of the giants of twentieth-century French intellectual life. Portraying Raymond Aron as a great defender of reason, moderation, and political sobriety in an era dominated by ideological fervor and philosophical fashion, Brian Anderson demonstrates the centrality of political reason to Aron's philosophy of history, his critique of ideological thinking, his meditations on the perennial problems of peace and war, and the nature of conservative liberalism.
- Author BiographyBrian C. Anderson is senior editor at City Journal and the editor of Cultivating Liberty: Writings on Moral Ecology, by Michael Novak (Rowman & Littlefield, 1998).
- Author(s)Brian C. Anderson
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series Title20th Century Political Thinkers
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width149 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.