All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe Rays is one of the key volumes of the Risale-i Nur Collection. In this volume, Bediuzzaman Said Nursi offers his insight on matters of belief with convincing arguments he puts forward in essays like The Supreme Sign. For Bediuzzaman, affirmation of faith is much easier than denial, for a single indication is eugh for the former whereas an exhaustive investigation of the entire cosmos and throughout all times is necessary for the latter. He affirms that matters concerning what is sacred and spiritual require certainty and advancement in spiritual work; so denial based on evidence from material sphere and restricted only to what our eyes can see is unworthy of consideration. Belief is kwledge and a manifestation of being, and convictions underlying unbelief are igrance and absence of judgement.
- Author BiographyBediuzzaman Said Nursi was a 20th-century Turkish scholar of Islam and philosophy who advocated compatibility of Islamic thought with modernity. He was the author of the Risale-i Nur, a 5,000-page modern commentary on the Qur'an.
- Author(s)Bediuzzaman Said Nursi
- PublisherTughra Books
- Date of Publication29/09/2010
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationClifton, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTughra Books
- Weight808 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.