Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionHow do you ensure you're using literacy instruction effectively to meet the needs of all of your students? In this book from Diana and Betsy Sisson, you'll learn an invative approach to using the literacy block in a gradual release model that allows you to provide grade-appropriate teaching as well as meaningful, individualized instruction to close the academic gaps of struggling learners and offer accelerated experiences for advanced students. What's Inside *Part I of the book lays out the authors' framework for the Core Block. *Part II explains how to use the re-envisioned block to integrate the core components of word study, vocabulary development, strategic reading instruction, writers' craft, and expanded reading opportunities,, *Part III reveals how to use differentiation, project-based learning, and assessment to prepare students for new literacy demands. *The appendix provides literacy block schedules, tools for phonics development and morphology study, and correlations to the Common Core. Each chapter includes practical tools and examples, as well as In Action boxes show how the ideas look in an authentic classroom.
- Author BiographyDiana Sisson and Betsy Sisson are international literacy consultants focusing on professional development and school improvement. They also serve as adjunct professors in the fields of teacher preparation, curriculum and instruction, research in literacy, and special educational programming.
- Author(s)Betsy Sisson,Diana Sisson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/11/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.