All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionRe-reading Popular Culture is an entertaining investigation of the meanings and value of popular culture today. It explores the theme of cultural citizenship by combining textual analysis and media reception theory to analyze popular culture. It includes such contemporary issues as the rewriting of masculinity after the success of feminism, and the layers of meaning in semi-public and private talk of multiculturalism and ethnicity. It traces its topics across a variety of media forms and texts, including sports; detective fiction and police series; and, children's television and games. It is clearly and accessibly written for the student, scholar, and general reader.
- Author BiographyJoke Hermes is Lecturer in the Department of Media and Culture at the University of Amsterdam. She is the author of Reading Women's Magazines (1995) and co-editor of Public Places, Popular Issues (1998).
- Author(s)Joke Hermes
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/08/2005
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight432 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.