All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionA variety of productions and representations of Canadian identities are the central theme that runs through this book. The different contributions explore imagined spaces by considering Canadian music, poetry and vels; they engage with political space by addressing various ways in which the people of Canada have made claims to different regions in the distant and recent past; and they address lived spaces, and their actual and symbolic meanings. It is an unusual book as it encompasses the writings by those studying the arts and literature as well as writings by social scientists, and it includes both English and French-speaking scholars. The richness that can be found in this multitude of perspectives and approaches to exploring Canadian space is characteristic of the way in which Canadian Studies is practiced wadays. It is therefore an appropriate volume to celebrate 20 years of Canadian Studies in the Netherlands.
- Date of Publication31/07/2012
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationDrenthe
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight612 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byBettina van Hoven,Jeanette den Toonder
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.